21 Jun Boost your Circulation!
Boost your Circulation
Poor Circulation is something that effects many people of all ages and can be very painful and distressful. One of the common causes is build-up of plaque in the blood vessels and capillaries caused by fat build up on the inner cell walls. A lot of serious and not so serious conditions can occur. In adults the major cause of poor circulation is lack of exercise and the consumption of too much fatty and sugary foods. Poor circulation can occur all year round and is not just for the winter months. If you do suffer from poor circulation, pro longed sitting or resting should be avoided and movement is vital. Even sitting exercises are very helpful in the movement of nutrients, blood and Oxygen flow. There are also, foot machines available which prove very helpful against swollen feet and legs.
Symptoms of Poor circulation can include:
High blood Pressure, Heart problems, Hypertension, Kidney problems, Organ damage, Sluggish digestion, Restlessness, feeling tired and fatigued.
Below are few simple changes you can make to help with improving your bodies circulation.
Five important Yogic rules you can apply:
1. Proper Exercise to stimulate Circulation
Triangle – Trikonasana
Thunderbolt – Vajrasana
Spinal Twist 1 & 2 – Meru Wakrasana & Ardha Matsyendrasana
Wind Relief – or Bow – Dhanurasana
Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana
2. Proper Breathing Exercise to absorb more oxygen
Khapalabhati – Cleansing Breath
Anulom Vilom – Alternate Nostril Breathing
3. Proper Relaxation of the Body and Mind to relieve stress on the digestive area and release muscles tension and knots.
4. Natural Wholesome Food to make it easier for the digestive system to break down and circulate nutrients.
1. Organic Horse Chesnutt Tincture supports the veins in its efficiency to return the blood from the legs to the heart.
2. Cayenne Pepper with Gingko is affective in boosting the metabolism and stabilizes blood vessels
3. Garlic Clears clogged arteries
4. Ginger boosts Immunity
5. Red vine leaf extract is great to relieve swelling in legs and feet
Foods to add in your diet to aid circulation
• Blackberries: High in nutrients, high in antioxidants and purify the blood.
• Oranges: Strengthens the capillary’s and build immunity
• Pumpkin Seeds prevent blood clots
• Nuts: give the blood a circulation boost
• Watermelons: help prevent the build-up of plaque
• Organic Dark Chocolate: prevent blood clots
• Avocados are high in fibre and folic acid and increase blood flow.
• Celery flushes out waste
• Cucumber: Remove toxins
• Asparagus: Full of protein and removes waste
• Oats: anti-inflammatory
5. Proper thinking and Concentration of the mind, again to relieve stress symptoms counteracting the bodies ability to digest and circulate.
The Three Bodies of Yoga/Auruveda – According to the Bhagavad Gita
• Satvic Food: Organic, Fresh, Seasonal Pure Food like Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, legumes, Nuts and plant-based Milk and butter. They create a Calm mind and nourishing body helping to create an Alkaline diet.
• Second is Rajasic Food: Stimulating Foods like Spices, Meat, Alcohol, Fish and eggs. They create a Restless mind, nervous and circulatory disorders, high blood pressure, hard arteries and uric diseases. These foods are very Acidic.
• Thirdly are Tamasic Food: These foods are Impure and Rotten such as Putrefied, over ripe and Genetically Modified foods and should be avoided. They have no purpose or ideals in life where the mind and body are concerned, and Chronic ailments can be a result of their consumption. The mind sinks low in mental purity and the body becomes acidic.
Positive Diet Changes you can make
1. Always Drink water minimum half hour before or after food so digestive enzymes are not diluted.
2. Always leave 2 hours if possible before eating and bed time so the food is fully digested, and the body isn’t still trying to digest the food once you have gone to bed. This is the difference between and a restless and a good night’s sleep.
3. Hot and Cold Showers
4. Relaxation is important to prevent Stress building in the stomach area and restricting the flow.
5. Keeping circulation in the feet. Soaking feet in Empson salts.
6. Body Massage
7. Avoid Restrictive clothing
8. Dry Skin Brushing
Combination Food and Mindful thinking
6. Proteins and Starches do not mix
7. Melons should be eaten alone and not with any other food or fruit as they digest differently
8. Leafy greens mix with all- Super foods
9. Fats and Oils combine well with other foods expect Fruits but give it a few hours 3-4 before you eat another big meal. Let the body break it down
10. Leave a gap between foods that don’t combine – Fruits, Starches and Proteins
Stay calm and stay healthy!!